Accessibles to open gym for disabled people in Northampton
Local business man Simon Collins is hoping to open a gym with full access for disabled people
To have a fully equipped disabled gym for disabled people where all machines are adaptable. They can be tailored to the individual’s needs.
Providing an accessible Gym where people with all kinds of disabilities can enjoy exercise with no compromises. And without fear of stigmatism.
To have a team with experience and knowledge of disabilities providing a professional service to the disabled community Northampton and the surrounding county.
The business will be called ACCESSIBLES
Simon chose this name as it means the gym will be completely accessible for people with disabilities and he feels that the name expresses that meaning.
The goals are:
- To change the way the fitness industry treats disabilities as a non-priority.
- To provide an accessible service for the disabled to help improve their quality of life.
- To improve the welfare of disabled people and to support and work in partnership with the NHS.
- To provide tailored support to all my customers through their physical and psychological journey
- To create a safe and warm non-intimidating atmosphere
- To eventually franchise the gym concept in every community
This is a pioneering step, that will make one of the most fundamental activities in modern life accessible to all. There are a few hurdles that Simon needs to overcome, but he has the determination to make this happen and it would be wonderful, for the first accessible gym to open in Northampton.
Simon is currently looking for suitable premises in the Northampton area. The ideal location needs to be between 3,000 & 5,000 sq ft. with disabled toilets.
If you are able to help, you can get in touch through Trellows Foundation, or you can contact Simon directly on 07749627659